Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jenny...this is for you!

A new post! After 5 months!

We've got our first snow of the year, so I thought this would give me a great excuse to come back here and update everyone.

First! Here is my baby, who is 7 going on 17. And my adorable husband who won't smile to save his life! This Im sure is a side effect of the Marine Corps. Its part of the brainwashing.
So next we have snow. These pictures are from today, so you are really getting a recent update!
Liberty has been waiting to try out her new sled.



This picture didn't turn out. But if it were actually daylight you would see that we are up to almost 7 inches. This makes me happy.

Our house still isn't finished. I know. Maybe that is why I have not wanted to update. Because I keep saying the same things like "Our house still isn't finished." You can only say that so many times before it gets super boring. Darrell is working hard though and its coming along. We do keep getting one delay after another. I feel this is the work of the enemy. Satan knows that when we move in we can move forward with our plans to adopt. Is it any wonder that we are 10 months into this and still not done? Please pray for this to happen quickly.

In other news, we have decided to home school next year. Liberty and I are both excited. She absolutely loves her class and teacher this year, but things will change for next year. As for me, my class is going great. I love teaching. It is truly one of the hardest things I've ever done. Plus I teach 2 grades. The Lord has taught me a lot about relying on Him when things just seem impossible. I have grown as a person and as a Christian from having this teaching position. But I will gladly pass this along to someone with a little more knowledge and experience.

The Lord is still at work in us. We are being stretched and taught more than we ever thought possible. God is preparing us for great things to come. We don't know what that is, but we are truly doing a lot of growing and soul-searching. We are seeking truth and wisdom like never before. Please pray for us as we feel we are in a super natural battle. Its always hard to see the other side when your in the midst of it.

I do hope to be able to have some different updates here in a few months. And I am going to try really, really, really hard to at least post some pictures here and there. And Jenny, you need to hold me accountable!

I will leave you with one last picture that is still on my camera. This was Christmas at my parent's house. It was so nice. And no, all those presents are not Liberty's. Unfortunately for her, she is having to share things with her new 2 year old aunt. It will be good practice for sharing with her little sister someday. And this child needs all the practice she can get!

No comments: