(If your trying to figure out what in the world is going on with the window in the background, we haven't finished the trim yet. Still. I also have a temporary curtain hanging for privacy.)
We do school at the kitchen counter. We have a counter height overhang on our island with 4 barstools. Its a perfect spot for now because we don't have another surface that fits us both side by side.
I love homeschooling. I love being home. The schooling part is hard. School is the last thing I want to do during the day. But being the good mom I am, we buckle down and get it done. It usually takes anywhere from 2-3.5 hours for 5 basic subjects. I need to add some handwriting and an elective soon. But for now this is plenty.
The curriculum I am using is very self directed. This can be a good thing. And for the most part it is a good thing. Liberty knows the pages she is to finish and she goes to town working on them. The bad thing about this is I usually just do my own thing unless she has a question. When I go back and check her work for the day I am noticing a lot of mistakes. Usually because she isn't reading all of the directions. We have had to find a balance where I don't have to sit and babysit her the whole time and she isn't on her own 100%.
We always sit and pray over our prayer requests and recite the Lord's prayer together. I will then go over the directions for Bible. I intend to go over directions from each subject as she gets to them, but I get distracted and she is very independent so it doesn't always work that way.
I love being able to get laundry and other cleaning done during the day. You would think that being home my house would be spotless. I thought it would be too. It isn't. I do try and clean the junk that accumulates everyday, but its so hard to clean the toilets when I just did it last week!!
Right now our days are pretty quiet for the most part. The constant chattering from just one child is more than I can handle sometimes. Its hard to say what adding another child (or children???) will do to my sanity, but we will cross that bridge later.
I am so thankful that the Lord has provided an opportunity for me to
homeschool and stay home. I am thankful to Darrell for working so hard
to provide for us.
2 comments:
Hey! You'll have ups and downs in homeschooling. Sometimes I wonder why in the world I'm doing this. But, on those calmer days, I see the reasons and it is all worth it. Enjoy!
I agree! We are homeschooled, and we enjoy it alot, all but the some of the "schooling" part. You can check out my blog if you want... it is www.brittanysworld-adopt.blogspot.com
thanks!
Brittany
Post a Comment