Liberty's first year of ballet has come to an end. Her recital went great! She did fantastic and we can't wait to sign her up again next month.
I think she looks just like Jacob in this picture.
Prehston leaves for Afghanistan today. Please pray for his safety. He won't be on a ship this time and in my head I feel like being in country is so much more dangerous.
I've been running (jogging, fast walking, slow running?) for around two months now. I started alternating running and walking to build up. I soon found out that I loved it. A few weeks ago I moved from a treadmill to a track. Still not very exciting, but I enjoyed it and soon found that I could run longer than my mind would normally allow. One day we went to a local paved trail that is over 6 miles long and runs through 2 towns. Its very hilly and I was dreading it. Well, we aimed for a total of 3 miles and I did very well. I actually ran up every hill. Two days later I ran for a full 3 miles on the track. I was so proud of myself!! Then my ankle started bothering me. I stretched a tendon and havn't been able to run in 5 days now. I went to the Dr. yesterday and she gave me the go ahead to start walking again. Walking?!?!? I have to start with walking?? But I will run again soon. And eventually I'd love to run a 5k! I just need more time and find a running buddy. Darrell would probably do it with me but Liberty probably wouldn't do too well standing on the sidelines cheering us on!
I am looking forward to fall this year again. Especially being able to watch the leaves change on the mountains from my porch. One thing that I still can't get used to is going out in the morning somewhere and having to wear pants because its chilly. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment