A few weeks ago we had an opportunity to spend the day in DC. I have not been since I was a child and since I've recently found a love for history I was excited! Liberty was even more excited because she had been watching those National Treasure movies and wanted very badly to go see the "declaration."
Unfortunately we had about a zillion kids with us and it was hot so we did not get to do a whole lot. We did get to see the declaration though and bought a copy to hang in our future home.
Here we are in front of the Washington Monument
White House in the background
Since Darrell was not able to join us we'd like to go back sometime around November or December.
And every year they have the Marine Corps Marathon that I would love to go see. I've started (very slowly!) to run and I'd like to eventually enter one of their smaller races they have in addition to the marathon.
Hoping that the next post brings a big picture of our building permit!
No comments:
Post a Comment