Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Old House

Hi! We have internet!  The world can go on!  I guess we live in an internet dead zone.  We had to get satellite internet!  The most expensive kind.  And we have a daily allowance!  How terrible is that? 
Well, at least I have an internet connection and I can feel normal again.  
These were all the pictures from my camera.  I guess I haven't taken pictures in awhile. 

 We have drywall!  That was a beautiful sight!  I was so tired of looking at empty bare studs.  The drywall was hung perfectly.  The finishing?  Well, I saw a lot of things because I've painted this entire place.  But I won't focus on the imperfections.  I'll be thankful for drywall!

Here is Darrell working on the electrical panel.  Before this we only had one outlet.  There were cords everywhere.  This was before we had new windows and doors installed.
 Painting 12 foot ceilings is hard even with a sprayer.  I couldn't imagine doing this whole place with a roller.  It is funny how you remember certain things from pictures.  This day was so incredibly hot.  (We still don't have AC just in case you wanted to stop in!) We were in a hurry to get the ceilings done because the floor guy was coming Monday.  We lost power the Friday before.  This day was Sunday.  The power had come back on here at the house and that was a praise!  But anyway, it was hot, Darrell was stressed, and we had to sit and watch him.  The sprayer was acting up too.  Not a fun day.
 Obviously Liberty was trying to have some fun.
 Who knew those beautiful pine floors were under that ugly carpet glue all this time?
 Take a good look because you won't see them scratch free when you come to visit!
 This is the kitchen.  I love my kitchen.  I need to clean clutter and fingerprints and take a good one with my appliances.
 Sorry, I don't know how to shift this picture.  This is our new front door.  Darrell said painting it wasn't a priority.  So it is still boring white.  But here really soon it will be candy apple red.  I can't wait!
 This is the master bathroom.  Tiny, but functional.  We have gone from one bathroom to 2.5 now.  We don't know what to do with ourselves!
 Windows you can actually see through!! They still look like this.  We haven't put up the trim yet.  Although the walls aren't white anymore.
Care to guess my wall color? 

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I love those floors! It looks so nice and clean. We need some rooms re-done. One of these days...

Steve and Glo said...

How exciting to see your dream coming true!! So happy for you three! Look forward to (one day) pulling our rolling home up there for a visit!!
Love Ya!
Glo