Sunday, May 12, 2013

Last Monday I received a phone call about a little one year old boy who needed a home.  It was a weird and difficult situation with a lot of risk of getting hurt.  We immediately said yes.  For 3 days we had a son in our hearts.  And then, on the 4th day, he was taken away.  The risks won out and the hurt set in. 
It doesn't seem like a long time and you certainly wouldn't think we could get so attached.  But in those 3 days, we brought him into our lives.  Even if it was only in thought.  We made plans with him in mind and we adjusted the plans we had made for the future to include him.  We envisioned him as part of our family. 
We are now left to deal with the hurt of not knowing him.  And wondering where he will end up. 
We believe that God had His hand in this.  Of course we don't know why He chose to bring this situation to us in the way that He did.  As much as the loss hurts, we trust Him.
This week has given me a new outlook on being a foster parent.  Maybe that is what I needed.  We have our first home study visit next week and I can't wait.  I can't wait to use our home for precious children as a soft place to land. 
Yesterday was my birthday.  Today is Mother's Day.  I thought both days would have me in another state meeting a little blonde-headed boy.  I'm having a rough time and could use some prayer.
Would you please pray for us that we can use this to glorify the Lord?

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Oh Cindy! I'm sure you hurt so greatly over this treasure of a son you had briefly. But, know that God gave him to you for a short bit. He had a reason. Trust Him even if you don't understand. I will be praying for you.