I started this post last Saturday. I was interrupted and didn't get a chance to finish it. It was sent to the draft folder. I wanted to post it today because it is a good update. Since Saturday (well, Monday) we have been faced with a situation in our lives that needs a lot of prayer. Would you cover us? I should be able to give more details within 7-10 days. We would appreciate your prayers. Specifically for wisdom, direction and protection. Thank you.
ps. I will try really hard to get more pictures on here soon.
By that title you would think I had great pictures of flowers and blossoming trees. Not really. I've been very lazy with the camera lately. I did get some shots on my phone, but I need to figure out how to post those pictures.
Of course I say spring is here and right now it's 50 degrees. We've had some really warm weather. It came a few weeks ago after we got about 6 inches of snow. It was lovely.
We are trying to finish up Liberty's 2nd grade year. It's been a good year. Very educational for both of us. I found out that I'm not that disciplined. It's fine for now because she's so young, but I'd better step it up the older she gets.
She finished her 2nd year of ballet last Wednesday. She loves it and she has an incredible teacher. She is about to finish up her first swim lesson. She loves that too and we will probably put her in Level 2 for the summer.
I don't know why it matters but I am a week shy of turning 33.
We are pursuing foster care. I sent off our application yesterday. I don't know how to feel about this. It was not in our plan to do foster care. I have come face to face with my pride and hidden motives. I'm sure it's just the beginning of seeing the ugly in me. Caring for a child that isn't yours is never easy, be it international adoption or foster care. I'm a little scared that I don't have it in me. I'm scared that it will be too hard and I'll fail. Please pray for us.
1 comment:
I pray for you often, Cindy. That God will show you what path to take. Adoption or foster care is not easy. I went into it terrified! I was terrified even after adopting. Then, slowly, I got in the groove. Yes, I found ugly in myself. But that is the great thing about growing. Learning. It is no different in home schooling. There is a whole lot to learn. With learning comes a whole lot of wisdom.
Post a Comment